Tuesday, July 17, 2012

College Thus Far

So, I've been in college for a couple of weeks now, and I'm about half-way done my classes, so I thought now would be a good time to reflect on my college experience so far. First, my classes: I have English and math, and both of them take up a lot of my time. Like, almost all of my time. This scares me, because even though these classes are more packed into less time than in a regular semester, I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle having even more classes. But, I know I'll manage. People: I have a good couple of friends I have made, and that is mostly who I hang out with. I think in the fall I will meet more people because of classes and clubs. Lastly, home. I have been pretty homesick since I've been here, and I don't really know how to cope with it. I guess I will get used to being away from home, but I miss my family and being at home. So, all in all, I don't know how I feel about college. I love the campus and the school and everything, but I miss home. I know these are random and scattered thoughts, but they are my feelings about college right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the feelings about college...in terms of homesickness, for me, whenever I've been homesick, I've found it helps to write about it, and to keep in mind there will be a point when you get to go home, so being far away doesn't have such a sense of finality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! My classes are keeping me busy now, so I can't even imagine what I'll have to do in the fall. Well, I guess a lack of math 21 will help us both...:)

    ReplyDelete