Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Last Week!

I can't believe it, but from today I have one more week of classes until I go home! I have mixed emotions about my time here so far, but I am glad that I got to experience Penn State this summer. It was really nice to be able to take college classes and see what they were like, and I am glad I got to complete six credits. I am SO glad that I got to make some great friends while I have been here, and I will definitely keep in touch with them throughout my time here at Penn State. I struggled with being homesick, but after some time it got easier. I got to experience the fourth of July in State College with my friends, which was amazing. I have had a lot of new experiences in the five weeks that I have been here, and I can't wait to have even more in the fall. I am looking forward to going home for two weeks and relaxing with my family. It is bittersweet that my summer here at Penn State is coming to a close. To do research and celebrate the one week mark, I went to Kiwi (aka my second home) and got frozen yogurt with my friend Kira. Don't worry, I was healthy and only got fruit for my toppings. :) I can't wait to get more Kiwi with Kira and Maria, my two besties here at Penn State, during the school year. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have never believed that I would spend the summer after my graduation taking classes at college, but I guess that's how life works. Things happen for different reasons, and they are not always what we wanted or expected, but they usually work out for the best. Here's to a great year at Penn State!

No comments:

Post a Comment